One thing I am good at is cooking, and one of my favorite easy appetizers to prepare is bruschetta. I serve it on top of a toasted baguette rubbed with garlic and olive oil. It’s delicious every time.
Recently I was able to keep a basil plant alive past the weekend and decided to seize the opportunity to take my bruschetta to the next level– by turning it into a full meal. I created a delicious bruschetta chicken dinner with fresh ingredients from my garden (also known as the potted basil plant on my porch).
Ingredients for Bruschetta Chicken Recipe:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
- Serves 4
- In medium bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar and olive oil
- Combine chopped tomatoes, basil, and garlic with vinegar and oil
- Season with salt & pepper
- Coat the bottom of a large pan in olive oil and put over medium heat
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- Coat chicken in flour
- Cook chicken for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown
- Top Chicken with Bruschetta
- Serve & Enjoy!
I served the Bruschetta Chicken on top of whole wheat pasta. It could also be paired with vegetables, potatoes, or a side salad.